Sunday, March 19, 2006

There's no excuse for the kitchen, but here's the deal about this blog.

As our kitchen renovation project is scheduled to begin at the end of the month, I thought it would be a good exercise in reporting and patience to keep an online record of it for posterity. I'm a fan of renovation blogs Brownstoner and Our Victorian House; while our kitchen project isn't anywhere close to the scale of those homes' (and I have little more to do with the work than ensuring that the home-equity loan has been secured) I love following the progress, from conceptualization to demolition to nitpicking.

Since my kitchen will be out of commission for five to six weeks, I won't be able to indulge in my favorite stress-buster of baking. Therefore, I intend to post updates on the construction, as well as a bit of history about the house. So welcome -- and please don't mind the mess.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?