Friday, April 28, 2006


Last night I nuked some Velveeta Macaroni & Cheese for the kids in the basement microwave, then stepped outside to the yard for a few minutes. When I re-entered through the garage, I smelled something burning. Burning? One of the benefits of not having a stove -- nay, a functional kitchen -- is that the risk of burning anything goes way down.

I'm not sure how it happened, but the microwave managed to singe everything in it.

"We're not buying a new one, are we?" John asked. Of course we aren't. All this really means is for the duration of the renovation, we will no longer be preparing any food in the house at all, unless it's grab-and-go.

The irony is that this morning we had $4,000 worth of new appliances delivered -- including a microwave. However, nothing will be hooked up for another few weeks.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?