Monday, May 01, 2006

You always want what you cannot have

Going into Week 4, I'm homesick for my kitchen. Not necessarily my old kitchen, but any kitchen. Yesterday I became jealous of a woman in front of me at the supermarket with a cart filled with muffin mix.

I also miss having a dishwasher. The only non-disposable things we're using for the duration of the renovation are Colleen's sippy cups, but I hate having to wash them in the bathroom sink. This reminds me of a dorm-mate in college who would put her dirty dishes in her bathtub when they started to pile up. She'd shower for a couple of weeks with the dishes under her feet and after a while she'd consider them clean enough to put back into circulation.

(No real update today; our carpenter had a family emergency so it was a quiet day.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?